Tuesday, October 27, 2009

All things pumpkin

Ben lucked out with no real "homework" to do last night, so we seized the rare opportunity for a night of pumpkining. Ben etched an AU into his pumpkin and I decided to try the drill out for some super easy pumpkin carving. After carving, Ben separated all the seeds from the pulp while I boiled down the pulp for about half an hour then pureed it in the mini food processor and we ended up with about 2 cups of fresh homemade pumpkin puree :) How great is that, I can't believe I had never done it before! I stowed it away in the freezer for future use! Oh and how could I forget, I pan roasted some seeds in butter and sprinkled them with cinnamon and sugar and finished them off in the oven...delicious. Tonight the rest of the seeds will turn into a salty savory treat.

1 comment:

Mandie P said...

have you used the pumpkin yet? curious if it's good bc some pumpkins aren't for cooking ya know. I found that out a pretty hard and not tasty way.